Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/10 07:36:58 UTC

Find max and min of a column in a csvfile

Need help
How to find the maximum element and min element of a col in a csv file
.What will be the mapper output.

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B
Junior Developer

http://www.unmeshasreeveni.blogspot.in/

Re: Find max and min of a column in a csvfile

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jiayu and John Hancock.
Showered a very nice hint for me.

John that was a really gud link you provided. But i dnt know Pig. I am
using java.
Is there any java related  document.
like :
http://packtlib.packtpub.com/library/hadoop-mapreduce-cookbook/ch06lvl1sec66#