Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by nandu2008 <na...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/01 06:42:12 UTC

Re: jmeter - https -question

Hey Deepak,
thanks again.
got it right now.

one more question.
I am trying to load an application with 100rps for 30 minutes.
So, I am doing this by taking 100 different threads and running it for ever
and stopping the test after 30 minutes.
I am giving a ramp up of 1 sec.
In the result data, I see that there are more requests than what I should be
getting.
I need to get 100X30X60 total in 30 minutes.
But the result is much more than that.
I am assuming that each thread is running more than once per second.
IS my assumption RIGHT?otherwise, I would have got 100X30X60 rps in result
as well.

So, in order for each thread to run only once per second, I am giving a
constant timer of 1000.
Is that right?
Does it actually mean that each of these 100 threads will run only once per
scond?
Is this the right way to make sure that only 100 threads will be run ineach
second?

thanks,

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by nandu2008 <na...@gmail.com>.
thanks Felix and Deepak,

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by nandu2008 <na...@gmail.com>.
Hey Felix and Seb,

I don't think it'll be uniform.
So, giving a ramp up period doesn't mean that we'll get the threads divided
by the ramp up period.
It only guarantees that all the threads will be ready by the end of the ramp
up period.

thanks,

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I believe you are right. Shouldnt rely on memory

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by nandu2008 <na...@gmail.com>.
thank you Felix.
got it now.

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by nandu2008 <na...@gmail.com>.
hey Deepak,
thank you so much.
Very clearly explained.

#1 target throughput(in samples per minute) - so I need 100 threads per
minute, I should use 100X60 RIGHT?
#2 Calculate throughput based on - so I need to give "calculate throughput

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by nandu2008 <na...@gmail.com>.
Hey Deepak,

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
sorry that should be use the Constant Throughput Timer (Not throughput
controller, bad memory)

Re: jmeter - https -question

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi