Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by gloria monaghan <gl...@btinternet.com> on 2017/12/29 16:36:24 UTC

Open Office for mac

Hello I successfully downloaded apache open office for my mac but Safari won’t let me open it. Is there anything I can do so as to use Apache open office? for my high school English classes Thank you, Gloria

Re: Open Office for mac

Posted by Howard Blum <ho...@gmail.com>.
I'm assuming you get the error message about the downloaded app. Go to the
system preferences after the error message pops up. Click on security. You
will see an option to open it anyway. It will ask for your administration
password. After that you should be able to open it.

Re: Open Office for mac

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Gloria,

Assuming you downloaded it from OpenOffice.org, opened the DMG and dragged the icon to the Application Folder. Then you are experiencing the Gatekeeper function of the Operating System (not Safari).

To overcome this simply Right-click (Control-click) on the icon in the Application Folder and then follow the subsequent menus to allow the program to open, you should only need to do this the first time.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone