Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by David Wall <dw...@Yozons.com> on 2001/04/25 06:11:42 UTC

Describing a SOAP service for others

I know that there's the UDDI and WSDL and all, but how are most people going
about documenting a SOAP service?  Are they using those alpha products
(which are not all that easy to understand, IMHO), or do they use something
simpler?

I know that the soap service I write is in Java, but of course the clients
that will access my service may be written in other languages (C++, Perl).
Since I don't even define XML documents for SOAP, I'm not sure what to show
so that another user can use my services.  I'd expect that often either one
input or the return object to be quite complex (to me, a Java object that
contains several lists of objects and other embedded objects).

Do people just capture the XML documents using the TCP tunnel, or is there a
clearer way?

Thanks,
David