Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/23 06:48:39 UTC

Solr: Are tokenizers/analysers/filters self descriptory?

Hello,

I am thinking of new interfaces to compose analyzer chains. And I
already have all the valid analyzers/tokenizers/filters/etc (
http://www.solr-start.com/info/analyzers/ ).

But I just realized that I also need the parameters that actually
define the behavior. Normally, they are defined in the schema.xml by a
human. But if I wanted to do a - say - web interface, those params
would need to be auto-discoverable to make the UI truly useful.

I had a quick look at the source and there does not seem to be any
self-description. Just popping the parameters of the stack and
throwing exceptions of they fail.

Did I miss something? Does this exist as part of some other (schema
validation?) code?

Or, if it does not exist, does anybody (else) sees value in that? Or
are there there barriers to making it useful?

Regards,
   Alex.

at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)

Re: Solr: Are tokenizers/analysers/filters self descriptory?

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

I proposed a form of self-documentation in SOLR-5287, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5287?focusedCommentId=13782355&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13782355

I like the idea, please consider opening a JIRA for it. Perhaps there is some industry standard for such self documentation?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com