Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/27 12:08:18 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 respin to support 8 new languages

The vote period to release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 language respin has
ended.

The ballot result is +16 including 10 PMC member binding +1 and +1 vote
from community members.

No abstentions, no -1 votes.

Vote tally

+1 Jan Iversen
+1 Olaf Felka (binding)
+1 Carl Marcum
+1 Albino Biasutti Netto
+1 Wolf Harton
+1 Kay Schenk (binding)
+1 Armin Le Grand (binding)
+1 Xuacu
+1 Donald Harbison (binding)
+1 Andrea Pescetti (binding)
+1 Robert Gallopini (binding)
+1 Juergen Schmidt (binding)
+1 Herbert Duerr (binding)
+1 Dave Barton
+1 Pedro Giffuni (binding)
+1 Marcus Lange (binding)

Thanks

Juergen

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 respin to support 8 new languages

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>.
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/27/13 6:07 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 01/27/2013 06:48 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

>>> stay tuned for further details.... :)
>>
>> still nothing to see here:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/localized/sv/
>>
>> Will go on tomorrow.
>
> any updates on this when we can expect the files available?

Available on all our mirrors, sorry to be late answering you but I was
traveling all day yesterday.

Roberto

--
====

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 respin to support 8 new languages

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 01/29/2013 10:35 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>

>> On 01/29/2013 12:50 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> Cool!

>>> It is always morning someplace on the planet. If we release now then
>>> the Koreans will see their new translation first.
>>>
>>> Are we waiting for anything technical to happen?
>>

>> The update is in ooo-staging as near as I can tell.
>>
>> I randomly checked a few links (on other.html) and everything seems fine.
>

> Great
>

>> So, whoever wants to can just "publish" and this should be live in
>> production.
>

> Kay, please be patient. ;-)
>
> I've just finished updating the staging area with the new data and published
> the website.

Looks good so far!  I'm watching Google Analytics in real-time and I
see already hits for the Danish and Norwegian downloads.

-Rob

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 01/29/2013 10:35 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>

>> On 01/29/2013 12:50 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> Cool!
>>>

>>>  But I guess we will start earliest tomorrow, right?
>>>>

>>> It is always morning someplace on the planet. If we release now then
>>> the Koreans will see their new translation first.
>>>
>>> Are we waiting for anything technical to happen?
>>>

>> The update is in ooo-staging as near as I can tell.
>>
>> I randomly checked a few links (on other.html) and everything seems fine.
>>

> Great
>

>  So, whoever wants to can just "publish" and this should be live in
>> production.
>>

> Kay, please be patient. ;-)

oh dear! no problem! :} caught between steps I guess...

> I've just finished updating the staging area with the new data and
> published the website.
>
> Marcus
>

>  One approach might be to put up the new script and other.html page.
>>> Wait a couple of hours. If we don't get a dozen reports of problems
>>> in that time then we know things are not horribly broken. The blog
>>> post can come later, once we are sure there are no distribution
>>> errors. Then we enable the update notifications. Ideally we get
>>> through all these steps *before* Fosdem.
>>>
>>> So I'm in favor of moving it ahead now, unless there is a technical
>>> reason not to.
>>>
>>> I'm traveling right now but I can help for the next 3 hours, and then
>>> again later tonight (New York time).
>>>

>> Well feel free to publish if you like. I can't ascertain the script
>> correctness (language changes etc.) without a lot of mucking with my
>> user agent but other.html seems fine.
>>

>>> -Rob

> --
>
> Ciao
>
> Marcus

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                                                         --
Aesop

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 respin to support 8 new languages

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 01/29/2013 09:54 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 1/29/13 3:50 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> Now I can see all updates (incl. "hu"):
>>>
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/localized/
>>>

>> Cool!
>>

>>> But I guess we will start earliest tomorrow, right?
>>>

>> It is always morning someplace on the planet.  If we release now then
>> the Koreans will see their new translation first.
>>
>> Are we waiting for anything technical to happen?
>>
>> One approach might be to put up the new script and other.html page.
>> Wait a couple of hours.  If we don't get a dozen reports of problems
>> in that time then we know things are not horribly broken.  The blog
>> post can come later, once we are sure there are no distribution
>> errors.  Then we enable the update notifications.  Ideally we get
>> through all these steps *before* Fosdem.
>>
>> So I'm in favor of moving it ahead now, unless there is a technical
>> reason not to.
>>
>> I'm traveling right now but I can help for the next 3 hours, and then
>> again later tonight (New York time).
>>

> I second Rob's view, let us continue and make the extended scripts
> available.

OK, then I'll start updating the download webpages.

Marcus

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 respin to support 8 new languages

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 27, 2013, at 12:48 PM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 01/27/2013 12:37 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
>>
>>> the files are uploaded
>>
>> thanks, I can see them on the ASF mirrors. Now waiting for appearance on
>> SourceForge.
>>
>> Marcus
>

> stay tuned for further details.... :)

Blog post announcement is ready, with several translations.

Do the support volunteers know this is coming?

-Rob

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.