Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Janos Mucza <Ja...@epam.com> on 2014/04/11 10:29:33 UTC

Kafka 0.8.1 protocol description, metadata response issues

Dear Kafka Users,

Could you please point me to the protocol description of Kafka 0.8.1? Particularly I would be interested in learning about any metadata request/response changes since 0.8.0.

When requesting the metadata for a topic with 2 partitions that got deleted and recreated with 3 partitions, the metadata response contains 5 partitions, the last 2 with leader=-1. This happens with http://jroland.github.io/kafka-net/ client though kafka-topics.sh shows the correct number of partitions. I think the client I'm using might not follow 0.8.1 protocol changes.

Best regards,
Janos

Re: Kafka 0.8.1 protocol description, metadata response issues

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
The wire protocol in 0.8.1 is the same as 0.8.0. The delete topic feature
doesn't completely work in 0.8.1 though.

Thanks,

Jun