Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Je...@nlgroup.ca on 2002/12/17 01:47:02 UTC

[OT - History] Weblogic 5.1

Can anyone remember back to the *old days* WLS5.1 sp1 ?

If so how successful was anyone in running a standard web application *as
defined by servlet spec 2.2*.

The reason I ask is that we have an application that has been developed on
wls5.1 using wls specific (non-portable) methods
ie: property files and not web.xml.

I was told that it was done this way because wls5.1 *did not support 2.2
very well*

I do understand that it took several service packs to clear up some issues
(  I think it is at sp13 now )  but I see very little reason that the
application
could not have been packaged as a standard portable web-app from the start.

The application has grown over time and we are getting ready to do a *mini
project* to get the thing portable so it can moved to JBoss and such.

Can anyone share an experience?