Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com> on 2007/03/19 23:35:06 UTC

interesting employment opportunity for Tap experts

Folks,

The company I work for is hiring someone to take over lead architect
and tech lead responsibilities on all UI development.  We've got a
fairly sophisticated internal application that is driving the
business, and are about to embark on development of a large customer
facing UI.  Everything is built in Tap 4.0.x (and likely to remain
that way until Tap 5, I suspect) with spring providing the glue
between the layers and using hibernate for data persistence.  It's a
very well funded startup with competitive salaries and SoCal offices
less than 3 minutes from the beach.  We're looking for someone to
drive the architecture forward in a high performance and scalable
manner, while also providing technical leadership and prototypes to a
small team of engineers who do the bulk of the actual development.
That means you get a mix of doing the really fun stuff and leaving the
details to others combined with having to do the crappy stuff you
wouldn't wish on your worst enemy in order to keep your team happy.

I've attached the job description to this email.  But Tapestry
expertise is by far and away the biggest point on the list.  We can
train someone into it if we have to, but I'd prefer not to.  A
thorough understanding of integrating rich client-side javascript with
tapestry is the area most in need of architecural leadership by the
dev team once I move on to my next project.

Just one quick disclaimer - while the euroclick.com website is a
tapestry app, it was just a quick something I hacked together while we
waited for a rebranding and professionally designed site, so please
don't use it as any kind of model for the work we are doing here.  It
was the first Tapestry app I ever built, so mostly it was a testbed
for things like i18n, custom widgets, dojo, and a simple reporting
application.  The new brand launches on April 1, so I can't point you
at the much better and prettier website 2.0 just yet.

Please send any questions you have my way, or just send your resume to
devjobs@euroclick.com which will go to HR before it gets to me.

Thanks

--sam