Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com> on 2003/07/10 17:14:43 UTC

Client Java APIs

Advice/status requested.

There appears to be three different client Java APIs in Slide:
the "native" Slide API (used by the command-line client),
the JSR-147 API (WVCM), and
the JSR-170 API (JCR).

Which one to use? Which one gives access to the largest subset of
the WebDAV, WebDAV-ACL, and DeltaV capabilities of the Slide server?

Thanks.

Richard

Re: AW: Client Java APIs

Posted by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

I am considering creating a stop-gap solution; copying the
org.apache.webdav.cmd.Client, making many of the methods public
rather than package private, and rather than reading from standard
in and writing to standard out create a bunch of helper object
used as parameters to the methods and as return values.
This way I get access to all of Slide, I'd have working code
to start from, and I don't have to think too hard.

Richard

AW: Client Java APIs