Posted to dev@openaz.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/04/12 04:13:46 UTC

[DISCUSS] Retirement for OpenAz?

Dear OpenAz community,

Podling activity has dropped to nearly nothing.  A discussion thread was
started back in February whether to retire OpenAz or not.  It seemed that
this discussion brought about a small amount of activity on the podling.

At this point, you've missed 4 straight board reports.  This is a lot.  If
you're not going to retire, we need to see more activity and more
resilience in submitting board reports.

So, can this community recover and build out?

John

Re: [DISCUSS] Retirement for OpenAz?

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
+1

Hadrian

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 14/04/16 11:00, Colm O hEigeartaigh a écrit :
> As a mentor, my opinion is that we have failed to build a community around
> OpenAz. It's a shame because I think it's a useful project. However, my
> vote is for retirement given the lack of progress since my last mail on
> this topic.

We have seen people interested in being involved, some contributions,
but nobody from the project has proposed them as new committers. This is
not the mentor duty to do the job committers should do.

I don't think it's the mentor's role to build a community : we are just
here to explain how it works, and help when needed. The community should
grow by itself.

Time for the project to find another forge.

Emmanuel

Re: [DISCUSS] Retirement for OpenAz?

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

--