Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/03/15 20:52:25 UTC

Extending the CloudStack API

Hi,

I don't really know if such a feature exists or not, but I was under the
impression it was possible to extend the CloudStack API via a plug-in.

Is this remotely true?  :)

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Extending the CloudStack API

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Great - thanks, Rohit!

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Mike Tutkowski
<mi...@solidfire.com> wrote:
> Hi Rohit,
>
> It's funny as...I watch this video, it dawned on me that I was literally in
> the room during this presentation.

:) cool

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hi Rohit,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hi Rohit,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
If I read this correctly

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Sounds good, Chip - thanks!

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hey Chip,

Do you know where I could find documentation on how to create this kind of
CS plug-in?

Thanks!

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hi Nitin,

My use case will be covered by Edison's new storage plug-in framework
that's going in to 4.2.  However, we have customers who won't be on that
version for some time and have a desire to map a single VM to a single
volume/LUN (and/or a single data disk to a single volume/LUN) in current
versions of CloudStack.

I have code that I could put into a new CS API that allows these customers
to create a volume on our SAN, then create, say, a Storage Repository on
XenServer to make use of this volume, then create a Primary Storage in CS
to reference this Storage Repository.  It would also create a new Compute
or Data Disk Offering that is the only one that uses this Primary Storage.

Not super ideal...but workable at least until 4.2 is adopted by all of
these customers.

Talk to you later!
Mike

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Also, just so I can picture what we're talking about when we say "extending
the CS API:"  Does this mean an admin or end user could invoke my new APIs
just like they were invoking any other CS API?

Thanks

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Mike Tutkowski <

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
That sounds great.

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.