Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by an...@telenor.com on 2001/08/07 16:24:24 UTC

ESQLl where condition

Hi,

I'm trying to run a query and it will not work properly. in mysql I have two
tables and I run the following query:

mysql> select deviceID, description from terminal, deviceType where
deviceType.deviceType = terminal.deviceType;
+----------+-------------+
| deviceID | description |
+----------+-------------+
| 57685251 | PSTN        |
| 57685251 | PSTN        |
| 22671300 | ISDN        |
| 90098999 | GSM         |
| 95755499 | GSM         |
+----------+-------------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

When I try to run it on a xsp page (see code at the bottom of the page) I
get the following result:

Device ID 	Description
90098999 	PSTN
95755499 	PSTN
57685251 	PSTN
22671300 	PSTN
57685251 	PSTN
90098999 	ISDN
95755499 	ISDN
57685251 	ISDN
22671300 	ISDN
57685251 	ISDN
90098999 	GSM
95755499 	GSM
57685251 	GSM
22671300 	GSM
57685251 	GSM

As far as I can see the where condition is not working when I run it in the
xsp page (as you can see below this is the result when the query is run
without the condition).

mysql> select deviceID, description from terminal, deviceType;
+----------+-------------+
| deviceID | description |
+----------+-------------+
| 90098999 | PSTN        |
| 95755499 | PSTN        |
| 57685251 | PSTN        |
| 22671300 | PSTN        |
| 57685251 | PSTN        |
| 90098999 | ISDN        |
| 95755499 | ISDN        |
| 57685251 | ISDN        |
| 22671300 | ISDN        |
| 57685251 | ISDN        |
| 90098999 | GSM         |
| 95755499 | GSM         |
| 57685251 | GSM         |
| 22671300 | GSM         |
| 57685251 | GSM         |
+----------+-------------+
15 rows in set (0.00 sec)

What's the problem? Is there something special about the esql syntax? Or is
it something else?

Anybody who can figure it out?

/Anne Marie

<esql:execute-query>
    <esql:query>
      select deviceID, description from terminal, deviceType where
deviceType.deviceType = terminal.deviceType;
    </esql:query>
    <esql:results>
      <header>
        These are your definitions: