Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Richard Stuppi <ri...@ratehighway.com> on 2017/02/10 22:39:57 UTC

Cygwin, OpenOffice and autoconf

Hello,

I am attempting to build OpenOffice on a Windows 10 machine using the
instructions at:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7.2C_Windows_8.1.2C_Windows_10

When I get to the section titled “Run autoconf to create the configure
script” I get the following error:

bash: autoconf: command not found

I selected the autoconf package during the initial Cygwin installation.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

[image: RH EMAIL LOGO] <http://www.ratehighway.com/>

*Richard Stuppi*

*Sr. Developer*

*O +1 949 383 4812 *

*F + 1 949 383 4812 *

*RATEHIGHWAY.COM <http://ratehighway.com/>*

Skype: rhrichardstuppi

[image: CR]

Re: Cygwin, OpenOffice and autoconf

Posted by Hong <ma...@gmail.com>.
I had the same problem. It was because autoconf needs to be installed. I
installed through "apt-cyg install autoconf" in cygwin.

I had no success building it on Windows 10. I guess building it on Windows
7 would be easier. Apache's buildbot uses Windows 7

Posted by Peter Kovacs <le...@gmail.com>.
Hello,