Posted to dev@tuweni.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name> on 2020/05/30 06:22:03 UTC

Fwd: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache Tuweni 1.1.0 release

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache Tuweni 1.1.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
First off, thanks for the help and helping move things along.

The current 1.1.0 RC is a dud. We need to:
* Close the repository under repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/>
* Delete the tag in git
* Delete the staged artifacts under svn.

We can cherry-pick changes or choose to delete the 1.1 branch and take the latest from master.

There are some useful directives on how to make releases under https://github.com/apache/incubator-tuweni/blob/master/RELEASE.md <https://github.com/apache/incubator-tuweni/blob/master/RELEASE.md>

For better or worse, I’m responsible for not moving faster on this. I’ll try to pick it up tonight.

Cheers,

Antoine

Posted by Danno Ferrin <da...@shemnon.com>.

Posted by Danno Ferrin <da...@shemnon.com>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
> On Jun 12, 2020, at 10:30 PM, Danno Ferrin <da...@shemnon.com> wrote:
>
> Is this from the src.zip or from a github zip?
>
> The tuweni-src-1.1.0-incubating.tgz won't build because of the way the
> source files are arranged in the src directory.  I get needing to drop the
> gradlew bootstrap and test files but we also include the build.gradle at
> the moment.  I propose changing the layout of the src tgz to allow for
> building from that.
From the distributions source we produce as part of the dist module.
We have had also the need to make sure sources can be built on any system out there - Windows, JDK 14, etc.
So I have been building a Dockerfile for this a bit.

> Regarding the reference tests I see two paths forward:
> (a) Take the reference tests modules out of the codebase.  None of the
> tuweni projects actually use them.  Anyone interested in them knows where
> they reside and likely already has them as a submodule in their project
We do use at least some for RLP and transactions. We use an outdated ssh repo for testing, and never had a change to make the jump.
That said, I’m fine with dropping them rather than do half the job right.

> (b) Don't make unloaded submodules a build break.  Instead perhaps a loud
> warning and disabling the relevant subprojects.  This also works well will
> building from the .tgz since test files are not shipped and these only
> exist as test files at the moment.
Sounds sensible.

> On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 12:22 AM Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name> wrote:
>

>>> Begin forwarded message: