Posted to user@river.apache.org by Timothy C Haas <ha...@uwm.edu> on 2017/02/16 19:51:08 UTC

starting a javaspace

Folks; I sent a help-request email a few days ago to both
user@river.apache.org and to dev@river.apache.org.  I have received no
replies at all.  So, I am trying again to see if I can get some help.
I'm trying to start a javaspace using apache river 3.0.0.  The script
below runs on a unix system at the San Diego Supercomputer center.  It
breaks on the reggie command just before the exit.  It says it can't find
a groovy class.  I tried giving it the groovy2.4.5.jar file in lib-deps
but that caused the ConfigUtils class to not be found.  Is groovy-all.jar
needed?  If so, how could your examples run?  Currently, I'm trying to
use old 2.2.1 config files to make this run as I can't find any config
files in the 3.0.0 release that work -- I get a "no services described"
message when I try to use the config files in qa/harness/configs/jeri.

I was successfully running a javaspace with the previous version.

As I received no replies before, there may be some reason such as you
don't want to provide support.  That is understandable as this is a
free system.  If that is the case, could someone let me know that there
is no support so that I can pursue other ways to run a javaspace?  I'm
thinking the next option to try is gigaspaces.

Regards,

-Tim Haas, Associate Professor, Lubar School of Business,
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

rm -f -r /home/haas/jinitmp/
echo [Deleting jinitmp directory]
#
mkdir /home/haas/jinitmp
echo [Creating jinitmp directory]
#
rh="/projects/builder-group/jpg/apache-river"
myconfigs="/home/haas/jsutils"
cd ${rh}/examples/home/src/main/home
#
# Start an http server.  Was 4160
#
java -jar ${rh}/lib/classserver.jar -port 8080 \
 -dir lib:${rh}/lib-dl $* \
> /home/haas/jinitmp/http.out \
2> /home/haas/jinitmp/http.err &
#java -jar ${rh}/lib/tools.jar -port 8080 \
# -dir lib:${rh}/lib-dl $* -verbose
echo - HTTP Server Running -
#
# Activation daemon
#
#java -Djava.security.manager= \
#    -Djava.security.policy=policy/all.policy \
#    -Djava.rmi.server.codebase="http://$host:8080/phoenix-dl.jar http://$host:8080/jsk-dl.jar" \
#    -DserverHost=$host \
#    -jar ${rh}/lib/phoenix.jar  \
#    configs/jeri/phoenix/phoenix.config
rmid -J-Djava.security.policy=${rh}/qa/harness/policy/all.policy \
   -log /home/haas/jinitmp &
#
# Start a reggie lookup service.
#
java -Djava.security.policy=${rh}/qa/harness/policy/all.policy \
-Djava.ext.dirs=${rh}/lib-ext:${rh}/lib-dl:${rh}/lib \
    -jar ${rh}/lib/start.jar    \
# ${myconfigs}/start-reggie.config
   start-hello-service.config
exit
echo - Lookup Service Running -
#
# Start the JavaSpace.
#
java -Djava.security.policy=policy/all.policy \
   -jar ${rh}/lib/start.jar \
    configs/jeri/outrigger/outrigger.config
echo - JavaSpace Running -

Re: starting a javaspace

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.
I don't have your answer, though I'm interested to hear the answer.

As a side note, the tone of your request sounds a bit like trying to
threaten folks who donate time to an open source project into responding.
This project sadly isn't very active so some patience is required. If
Gigaspaces can service you faster and you can afford to pay them to do so
that's excellent. There's nothing wrong with folks using commercial
software, especially if you need sub 24h response times. Even on very
active projects with mailing lists that generate dozens of mails per day
one sometimes doesn't get a response for a day or two if the person who
knows the bit your asking about is slammed with work at their day job.

If you are following a specific set of on-line instructions for an example
(in documentation published by this project) and they aren't working that
could also be filed as a bug report (steps to reproduce, expected result,
observed result etc....)

-Gus

--
http://www.the111shift.com