Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Martin Ebert <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/19 22:50:52 UTC

Processor for Neo4j 4.0

Hi community,
among the bundles is the fantastic Graph Bundle
https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-graph-bundle

There are two questions I would like to ask:

1. The ExecuteCypher processor works wonderfully with Neo4j version 3.x  Is
anyone working on an update to make 4.0 work?

2. Has anyone ever thought about a possibility (e.g. extra processor or
extension of the above) to take the data (json, Parquet, CSV) as FlowFile
Content to be able to create or update nodes and relationships directly
from it?

Greeting,
Martin

Re: Processor for Neo4j 4.0

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Also, glad to see you're getting value out of that processor. If you're
feeling adventurous, I created a new Gremlin bytecode driver here:
https://github.com/MikeThomsen/nifi-gremlin-bytecode-client-service

It's also under review as a PR onto NiFi. The current Gremlin driver uses
script submission; this one does full client-side API work with the Gremlin
bytecode API. A colleague of mine is using a fork of it that he's tweaked
and found it to be very fast against JanusGraph.

Mike

Re: Processor for Neo4j 4.0

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Martin,