Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Paolo Alberto Rismondo <pr...@aliceposta.it> on 2019/11/26 13:57:24 UTC

Re{Re}: harassing underlining!

Hi,

Many thaks for your quick answers. Some observation about them:

 1. The document is for 'strictly personal' use; it is a list of other
    documents etc. (so that the first document is a sort of index to
    many other ones).
 2. I don't need to known that they are links; in fact each line is a
    different link, so that underlining becomes annoying instead of useful.
 3. I tried to control underlining with character formatting (Ctrl+T),
    but with mixed results: sometimes it works, sometimes (I would not
    say 'most of the times') don't.

Unfortunately, it seems that no one of the suggested solutions are
working; control 'Tools | Options... | OpenOffice | Appearance | Custom
colours | General | Unvisited links and ... | Visited links.' refers to
the whole characters affected by the link, not to the underlining.

Many thank again for your kind attention,

all best,

Paolo

At 13:05 26/11/2019 +0100, you wrote:
> I wrote a paper ...

Is this a text (Writer) document (not a spreadsheet)?

> ... with a lot of links to another document(s), done with
> 'Insert-Hyperlink etc. (pointing to 'Document', of course, not to
> 'Internet', 'Mail & News') etc.. All text linked is underlined,
> however, while I find it rather ugly (since there are a lot of them,
> as I said). Is there any way to eliminate these annoying underlining?

It's worth saying that any user of the document will need to recognise
your hyperlinks, and having them in blue and underlined is standard, so
will be easily understood. Hyperlinks without underlining may not be
spotted.

You can remove underlining from hyperlinks in the normal way - simply by
selecting the text and applying local formatting, using the formatting
buttons in the Formatting toolbar or Format | Character... | Font
Effects. The text colour of hyperlinks can be controlled at Tools |
Options... | OpenOffice | Appearance | Custom colours | General |
Unvisited links and ... | Visited links. If these options are not
ticked, the colour is controlled by local formatting, as for any other
text.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker - privately

Re: Re{Re} {all anwers}: harassing underlining!

Posted by "Paolo A. Rismondo" <pa...@gmail.com>.
To all answering users:

many thanks to all for your kind suggestions! I will try each of them.

all best,

Paolo A. Rismondo

Re: Re{Re}: harassing underlining!

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hmm however, if the links are the only thing
underlined in your document, CTL + A to select
all,  remove underline. That worked for me
in my document.
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606