Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2011/02/04 23:28:16 UTC

How is the ?wsdl getting generated

Can i ask you how CXF creates the WSDL?

I am not putting a wsdl into my war and I am not doing anything through the
CXF Java APIs to expose a wsdl.

Does CXF scan my interface for annotations to produce the wsdl or is it
actually done by the app server?

If CXF does the scanning to offer up the wsdl, what happens if my SEI (with
the annotations) has dependency classes it uses internally that have
SEI...will it try and expose those service operations within the same wsdl?

So I want to know how does CXF know which specific SEI to scan for
annotations for producing the WSDL?

I put this in another posting, but I am trying to find out where the
solution is...fixing WebLogic, fixing the JDK through enforcing an endorsed
directory, or by generating the wsdl and including it within my war?

Thanks for your help!

Jay

Re: How is the ?wsdl getting generated

Posted by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Hahahaha, nevermind, i forgot about RequestWrapper/ResponseWrapper

Re: How is the ?wsdl getting generated

Posted by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com>.
I think I figured out the problem.

I have 3 interfaces, all in their own jars and all are annotated with
document/wrapper jax-ws classes checked into the jaxws folders.

Only one of the interfaces are exposed through CXF, however, the same web
method name exists in all interfaces so the war classloader essentially has
the same class (3 versions for the request/response).

Question - Can I place the document/wrapper in a different class than jaxws?
Is that possible and if so, how do you tell CXF/JAX-WS that the wrapper
classes live in a different package....is that mainly through annotations on
the service interface?

Thanks,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday 04 February 2011 5:28:16 pm jaybytez wrote:
> Can i ask you how CXF creates the WSDL?
>
> I am not putting a wsdl into my war and I am not doing anything through the
> CXF Java APIs to expose a wsdl.
>
> Does CXF scan my interface for annotations to produce the wsdl or is it
> actually done by the app server?

If you are actually using CXF, CXF  would scan the interface.

> If CXF does the scanning to offer up the wsdl, what happens if my SEI (with
> the annotations) has dependency classes it uses internally that have
> SEI...will it try and expose those service operations within the same wsdl?

It shouldn't.  If if it does expose more than you want, JAX-WS allows doing a
@WebMethod(exclude=true)
to cause them to be skipped.

> So I want to know how does CXF know which specific SEI to scan for
> annotations for producing the WSDL?

It's configured into the spring config.  CXF doesn't scan entire jars/apps and
such for things to expose.  Only the stuff you specifically configure to have
exposed gets exposed.

Does that help?
Dan

--