Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu> on 2012/10/30 01:30:20 UTC

RC8

I've posted an RC8 here:

http://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-proton-0.1rc8/

This is almost identical to RC7 with the following changes, mostly minor
fixes shown up by interop testing:

  1. added a mapping for the bool type to the python bindings (this was
missing from RC7)
  2. fixed the comment syntax for cproton.ini (the automatic license
insertion used a comment syntax that doesn't work with all PHP versions)
  3. added a workaround for non string/integer keys in php arrays
  4. fixed multi-frame transfers (there were 3 small bugs here exposed by
interop testing with other implementations)
  5. fixed a codec bug involving nested data structures
  6. fixed the mapping for char in the php binding
  7. fixed UUID pretty printing for the PHP binding
  8. added missing typedefs for swig interface (int8_t, [u]int16_t)

I would have let these role over to 0.2 given that it is going to start in
a few days, except that Proton is going to be showcased at conferences
starting this week and next and it would be very good to have something
stable to point to very soon (i.e. tomorrow). Given this I think it's well
worth getting these last few fixes into 0.1 and putting that up even though
we're going to follow up very shortly with a 0.2 that has ack support.
FWIW, I don't expect the ack support to be destabilizing, but better safe
than sorry.

Please have a look and give this your +1 if it checks out.

--Rafael