Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au> on 2003/05/18 03:12:01 UTC

POI 2.0-pre1 released

The POI Team announces the immediate availability of Jakarta POI
2.0-pre1.  This is the first milestone on the way to releasing the 2.0
production release.

POI 2.0-pre1 includes many bugfixes the previous release.  The changelog
for this release is as follows:

[add] Patch applied for deep cloning of worksheets was provided</action>
[add] Patch applied to allow sheet reordering</action>
[add] Added additional print area setting methods using row/column
numbers</action>
[fix] HDF:  Negative Array size fix</action>
[update] Added argument pointers to support the IF formula</action>
[update] Formulas: Added special character support for string literals,
specifically for SUMIF formula support and addresses a bug as well</action>
[fix] BlockingInputStream committed to help ensure reads</action>
[fix] Fixed problem with NaN values differing from the investigated value
from file reads in FormulaRecords</action>
[fix] Patch for getColumnWidth in HSSF</action>
[add] Patch for dealing with mult-level numbered lists in HDF</action>
[fix] Due to named reference work, several named-ranged bugs were
closed</action>
[fix] Patch applied to prevent sheet corruption after a template
modification</action>
[update] Shared Formulas now Supported</action>
[update] Added GreaterEqual, LessEqual and NotEqual to Formula Parser</action>
[update] Added GreaterThan and LessThan functionality to formulas</action>
[fix] Patches for i10n</action>
[update] POI Build System Updated</action>
[fix] font names can now be null</action>

Downloads (source and binaries):
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-poi/dev

Glen Stampoultzis

Re: POI 2.0-pre1 released

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
I spoke to Andy... yes you're absolutely right.  I'll be creating a new
branch within the next hour.

Regards,

Glen

At 11:31 PM 18/05/2003, you wrote:
>I thougth we were doing the 2.0 production release on the codebase
>BEFORE the performance merge, ie, on its own branch... thats what i
>understood when andy corrected my understanding in this mail
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=poi-dev&m=105216535428284&w=2
>

>On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 18:01, Glen Stampoultzis wrote:
> > At 10:12 PM 18/05/2003, you wrote:
> > >Great work, Glen. Thanks.
> > >
> > >What are the instructions on the branches stuff.. What to do on which
> > >branch?
> >
> > Andy is going to merge his performance stuff into the trunk (right Andy?)
> > Real Soon Now (tm) and then I expect well be working on the head until 2.0
> > production.
> >
> > Did you have a requirement for your own branch?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Glen

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au