Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Kitch, David" <dk...@ti.com> on 2003/07/17 17:57:56 UTC

[users@httpd] cgi-bin under UserDir

I'm getting "Premature end of script headers" on cgi files under users'
public_html directories.  Here's my current configuration:
UserDir /home/*/public_html

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
    Options MultiViews Indexes FollowSymLinks
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>
<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
    Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
I've also tried using:

ScriptAlias /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin

and

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
    Options MultiViews Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI

All with the same results.  Any advice?

Regards,

David Kitch
Texas Instruments

Re: [users@httpd] cgi-bin under UserDir

Posted by Alfonso Romero <ib...@prodigy.net.mx>.
MessageMaybe the scripts you´re using don´t have the

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";

line.

Regards,

Alfonso

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Kitch, David wrote:

> I'm getting "Premature end of script headers" on cgi files under users'
> public_html directories.  Here's my current configuration:

Looks basically correct.  A few issues:

1. Are you running suexec?  Have you checked the suexec log?

2. Does the script work from the command line (ie cd
/home/user/public_html/cgi-bin; ./script.cgi)

Joshua.