Posted to user@hive.apache.org by David Phillips <da...@acz.org> on 2008/12/09 00:43:30 UTC

Date/time types

Hive has three date/time types: date, datetime and timestamp.  What is
their intended (future) purpose and current implementation status?

Re: Date/time types

Posted by Zheng Shao <zs...@gmail.com>.
The semantics of these will follow mysql.

Currently I don't think they are supported in many places inside Hive.
In our production environment, we are still using strings to represent date,
and unixtime to represent datetime at this point.

Zheng

--
Yours,
Zheng