Posted to dev@diversity.apache.org by Gris Cuevas <gr...@apache.org> on 2019/12/02 17:27:10 UTC

Re: Sharing plan to run the 2020 Community Survey

Hi Danny,

When the conversations about the formation of this committee were happening, there were messages where we discussed that board@ is a list with so many subscribers and that we should avoid spamming them. I considered this an announcement only for the board members and wanted to limit spam for the rest.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
The Board is under permanent review/oversight of the membership and that is
why board@ is a list open to the membership (+VPs) . board-private@ is
reserved for highly sensitive matters, and ideally(!) never used, but in
practice.... different story.

"Information to the Board" goes on the regular board@ list, and you don't
need to worry about whether 10 or 1000 people read it. There is very few
subjects that warrants "board only", and more or less comes down to "does
anyone get hurt?".

Cheers
Niclas

--