Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2008/09/25 07:13:55 UTC

Have you seen the Erlang project?

http://www.erlang.org/about.html

It seems interesting to me. And, I'm think about erlang interface to
hadoop/hama.

Has anyone considered doing this?
--
Best regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org

Re: Have you seen the Erlang project?

Posted by Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>.
Another interesting development in Erlang is something called Scalaris.
(http://www.onscale.de/scalaris.html ) which is a distributed key-store
thing.

Regards
Ian

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hmm... I see.

Posted by Chanwit Kaewkasi <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Oh.. thanks.

Posted by Chanwit Kaewkasi <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Great!!

BTW, This is some opinion from the hama mailing list.

> It's alright if you're going to rewrite Hadoop using Erlang, but it's
> not fit for Erlang to be a a front layer, AFAIK.
>
> Chanwit

/Edward

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.