Posted to users@maven.apache.org by colaru <co...@setmobile.ro> on 2005/01/19 09:02:56 UTC

[CVS problem] [nead HELP!!!]

I try to set my cvs repository for maven. I use CVSNT on a Windows server.
Normaly, this path is work with Eclipse IDE:
:pserver:colaru@master:e:/cvsrep/Festino

but
scm:cvs:pserver:colaru@master:e:/cvsrep/Festino
does'nt work with maven (I set this in che connection in my POM)
Is a parsing problem (you can see e: - the disk drive make to have more
tokens that normal).

For example the error message for statcvs repport is:

statcvs:init:

statcvs:generate:

statcvs:init-variables:

statcvs:parse-connection:

[echo] Using connection: scm:cvs:pserver:colaru@master:e:/cvsrep/Festino

statcvs:validate:

[echo] fetching cvs logs at D:\proiecte\Festino\bin...

[cvs] cvs log: CVSROOT (":pserver:colaru@master:e")

[cvs] cvs log: requires a path spec

[cvs] cvs log:
:pserver[;keyword=value...]:[username[:password]@]host[:port][:]/path

[cvs] cvs [log aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.

statcvs:init:

statcvs:generate-xdoc:

statcvs:init-variables:

statcvs:parse-connection:

statcvs:validate:

[java] StatCvs-XML 0.9.4 - CVS statistics generation

[java]

[java] Parsing CVS log 'D:\proiecte\Festino\bin/site/statcvs.log'

[java] Logfile parsing failed.

[java] empty logfile!

[java] [ERROR] Java Result: 1

Whow I can resolve this problem???

Re: [CVS problem] [nead HELP!!!]

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html#repository_connection

Please read the manual and search the mail archives before posting.

It is also considered bad etiquette to post the same thing in 3
places. You should not file a bug in JIRA unless you think there is a
problem in Maven, not because you need help.

- Brett

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:02:56 +0200, colaru <co...@setmobile.ro> wrote:
> I try to set my cvs repository for maven. I use CVSNT on a Windows server.
> Normaly, this path is work with Eclipse IDE:
> :pserver:colaru@master:e:/cvsrep/Festino
>
> but
> scm:cvs:pserver:colaru@master:e:/cvsrep/Festino
> does'nt work with maven (I set this in che connection in my POM)
> Is a parsing problem (you can see e: - the disk drive make to have more
> tokens that normal).
>
> For example the error message for statcvs repport is:
>
> statcvs:init:
>
> statcvs:generate:
>
> statcvs:init-variables:
>
> statcvs:parse-connection:
>
> [echo] Using connection: scm:cvs:pserver:colaru@master:e:/cvsrep/Festino
>
> statcvs:validate:
>
> [echo] fetching cvs logs at D:\proiecte\Festino\bin...
>
> [cvs] cvs log: CVSROOT (":pserver:colaru@master:e")
>
> [cvs] cvs log: requires a path spec
>
> [cvs] cvs log:
> :pserver[;keyword=value...]:[username[:password]@]host[:port][:]/path
>
> [cvs] cvs [log aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.
>
> statcvs:init:
>
> statcvs:generate-xdoc:
>
> statcvs:init-variables:
>
> statcvs:parse-connection:
>
> statcvs:validate:
>
> [java] StatCvs-XML 0.9.4 - CVS statistics generation
>
> [java]
>
> [java] Parsing CVS log 'D:\proiecte\Festino\bin/site/statcvs.log'
>
> [java] Logfile parsing failed.
>
> [java] empty logfile!
>
> [java] [ERROR] Java Result: 1
>
> Whow I can resolve this problem???

Réf. : Re: Réf. : [CVS problem] [nead HELP!!!]

Posted by fa...@mpsa.com.

Yes, you have to generate this ".cvspass" file. And this can be done via
the command :

maven -Dpassword=XXXXXXXX changelog:create-cvspass

That doesn't work?

Fabrice BELLINGARD
DSIN/INSI/EATE/AIDV
(01 61) 45 16 01  -  fabrice.belingard@mpsa.com

             colaru
             <colaru@setmobil
             e.ro>                                                    Pour
                                       Maven Users List
             19/01/2005 13:29          <us...@maven.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

                 Veuillez                                            Objet
                répondre à             Re: Réf. : [CVS problem] [nead
             Maven Users List          HELP!!!]
             <users@maven.apa
                 che.org>

Merci!!!

It work's!!! The parsing process is OK.

But is another problem now. Is about the the password. With Eclipse is
work's the connection. But with maven no (I use CVSNT in windows).

statcvs:generate:

statcvs:init-variables:

statcvs:parse-connection:

[echo] Using connection: scm:cvs:pserver:colaru@master:/e//cvsrep:Festino

statcvs:validate:

[echo] fetching cvs logs at D:\proiecte\Festino\bin...

[cvs] Using cvs passfile: C:\Documents and
Settings\colaru.SETMOBILE\.cvspass

[cvs] cvs log: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

[cvs]

[cvs] cvs [log aborted]: authorization failed: server master rejected
access
to /e//cvsrep for user colaru

statcvs:init:

What they say with thin in changelog plugin???:

This plugin does not use the cvs executable on your system to access CVS,
instead it uses a java library from the NetBeans project.

The password to access CVS is read by the plugin from
${user.home}/.cvspass.
If you are using CVSNT you will not have this file, as CVSNT stores
passwords encrypted in the registry.

To create this file, please execute the changelog:create-cvspass goal, e.g.