Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jesse Vitrone <je...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/19 16:02:37 UTC

not seeing log4j logs if there's an error

With Axis 1.4, I want to log the XML that goes back and forth, so I added "log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender" to my log4j properties file and I see the logs perfectly.  The problem is that I only see the logs if the service returns a successful result.  If the service I'm calling runs into problems and throws an exception or fault, I'm not seeing anything get logged at all.

For example, I was calling a service, and passing in a bad value, which was causing them to send a fault.  When this was happening, I talked to the people who run the service and they confirm they got the request, and told me what was going wrong.  Even though I was sending the request, nothing was going to the logs showing me the request I was sending them.  Once I changed the value I was passing, and started to get back a successful result, the logs showed up again.

I'm once again having a problem where I'm not seeing the logs, and it comes at the worst times, since I only can't see the logs when things are going wrong.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.