Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2010/12/21 21:27:11 UTC

Modello and Maven Changes Plugin woes

Hi

I have been trying to upgrade Maven Changes Plugin to use a newer
version of Modello Maven Plugin. Currently it uses version 1.0.1. When I
upgrade to version 1.0.2 (or newer) I start getting all sorts of weird
test failures that I don't know how to fix. The errors occur for
<action> elements that have both content and sub elements, and also
attributes. Especially for these two files:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-changes-plugin/src/test/unit/announce-changes.xml?view=markup
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-changes-plugin/src/test/unit/changes.xml?view=markup

Steps to reproduce:

1. Check out the current trunk of maven-changes-plugin
2. Change the version of modello-maven-plugin to 1.0.2 (or newer)
3. Run 'mvn test'

Any help on how to solve this would be appreciated.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Modello and Maven Changes Plugin woes

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Yeah.
I have added this in modello. See related issues :

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MODELLO-85
* especially : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MODELLO-113

rev http://fisheye.codehaus.org/changelog/modello/?cs=926 .

--
Olivier

2010/12/24 Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, it seems maven-changes-plugin does something unusual: it has an element
> containing both text and sub-elements.
>      <action dev="me" type="update" date="2008-01-01">
>        Uploaded documentation on how to use the plugin.
>        <fixes issue="JIRA-XXX"/>
>      </action>
>
> I opened a Jira issue and will work on it:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MODELLO-254
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le mardi 21 décembre 2010, Dennis Lundberg a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> I have been trying to upgrade Maven Changes Plugin to use a newer
>> version of Modello Maven Plugin. Currently it uses version 1.0.1. When I
>> upgrade to version 1.0.2 (or newer) I start getting all sorts of weird
>> test failures that I don't know how to fix. The errors occur for
>> <action> elements that have both content and sub elements, and also
>> attributes. Especially for these two files:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-changes-plugin/src/t
>> est/unit/announce-changes.xml?view=markup
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-changes-plugin/src/
>> test/unit/changes.xml?view=markup
>>
>> Steps to reproduce:
>>
>> 1. Check out the current trunk of maven-changes-plugin
>> 2. Change the version of modello-maven-plugin to 1.0.2 (or newer)
>> 3. Run 'mvn test'
>>

>> Any help on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy
http://www.linkedin.com/in/olamy

Re: Modello and Maven Changes Plugin woes

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
I guess this will also be useful for MCHANGES-190.

-Lukas

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,
It looks some changes in the modello plugin has introduced issue for
element with mixed content (in our case generated schema
<xs:complexType name="Action" mixed="true">).

Which was the modello type :  <type>Content</type>.
This one is deprecated now.
Output :
[WARNING] 'Content' type is deprecated: use 'String' type and add
xml.content='true' to the field

Even with this change, now it looks to failed in the last modello
plugin version.

Personnally I don't have any more karma on modello sources [1] to fix that.

But as the schema is not really complicated why not moving to an other
technology here :
* jaxb : we have a mojo in codehaus which can do nice stuff for our purpose [2]
* digester : using new annotation stuff. (note we won't a generated writer)

Olivier

[1] http://markmail.org/message/6chwvvll24bfhzy5?q=SVN+repositories+are+READ-ONLY
.
[2] http://mojo.codehaus.org/jaxb2-maven-plugin/