Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com> on 2016/08/17 13:11:33 UTC

RE: [draft for review] -4.9 -press release

Sally

I’m cross posting this to dev@ - we’ve not had much input on marketing@, so I’d like some other eyeballs on this if we’re going to turn it around today

I agree, we need to get this finalised ASAP

My view would be to roll with the PR immediately. I know Thurs/Fri aren’t great but we’ve already actually announced this so run the risk of the PR being 10 days after the event

Don’t think we’ll have time to get testimonials – unless somebody wants to jump in here quickly

I’ve drafted a quote for Will  below.
I’ve also taken Madan’s feedback and changed the order of the feature list
Will – please  chime in if you want something different in the quote, what I’ve written is pretty bland
Is Will unable to confirm, you can attribute it to me as PMC member  as an alternative

Kind Regards
Giles

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.
I went through and fixed some grammatical items and made it read a little
easier.  Hopefully you are happy with my changes.

Cheers,

Will

-----

[APACHE CLOUDSTACK LOGO]

Announcing Apache™ CloudStack™ v4.9

Mature, easy-to-deploy Open Source Cloud computing software which meets the
demands of the worlds largest cloud providers.

[DATELINE] -[date]- The Apache CloudStack project announced today the
immediate
availability of Apache CloudStack 4.9, the latest version of the turnkey
Open Source cloud
computing software platform used for creating private, public, and hybrid
cloud environments.

Apache CloudStack clouds enable billions of dollars' worth of business
transactions annually
across their clouds. Its maturity, stability and ease of deployment has led
it to become the Open Source
platform of choice for many service providers offering on-demand, elastic
public cloud computing services.
CloudStack is also leveraged by many enterprises to provide private or
hybrid clouds for use by their employees.

CloudStack includes an intuitive user interface and rich APIs for managing
the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure resources. It
supports a broad range of integration points for both traditional and
cloud-native workloads.

CloudStack 4.9 reflects dozens of new features and improvements, including:

[...]

University of Melbourne, University of Sao Paolo, Verizon, WebMD and
cloud.ca among many others.
A list of known users of the software can be found at
http://cloudstack.apache.org/users.html

Will Stevens, VP of Apache CloudStack commented on the release: "we're
delighted to be releasing 4.9 of Apache CloudStack. This version brings
many new and exciting features, with the continued emphasis on making
Apache CloudStack the easiest cloud platform to deploy and most reliable
platform for running IaaS environments. This release is the culmination of
many months of hard work by our broad developer community."

Availability
CloudStack 4.9 is available immediately as a free download from

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.

________________________________

www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/>
@shapeblue

Re: [draft for review] -4.9 -press release

OK. Normally, we don't cross-collaborate on marketing/PR issues with public lists, but we can't unstrike the bell at this point.
I'll await your clearance.
-Sally = = = = =  vox +1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598 4616skype sallykhudairi

 #yiv0330137803 #yiv0330137803 -- filtered {font-family:Helvetica;panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}#yiv0330137803 filtered {panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}#yiv0330137803 filtered {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}#yiv0330137803 p.yiv0330137803MsoNormal, #yiv0330137803 li.yiv0330137803MsoNormal, #yiv0330137803 div.yiv0330137803MsoNormal {margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv0330137803 a:link, #yiv0330137803 span.yiv0330137803MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv0330137803 a:visited, #yiv0330137803 span.yiv0330137803MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv0330137803 p.yiv0330137803msonormal, #yiv0330137803 li.yiv0330137803msonormal, #yiv0330137803 div.yiv0330137803msonormal {margin-right:0cm;margin-left:0cm;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv0330137803 span.yiv0330137803msohyperlink {}#yiv0330137803 span.yiv0330137803msohyperlinkfollowed {}#yiv0330137803 span.yiv0330137803emailstyle17 {}#yiv0330137803 p.yiv0330137803msonormal1, #yiv0330137803 li.yiv0330137803msonormal1, #yiv0330137803 div.yiv0330137803msonormal1 {margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;}#yiv0330137803 span.yiv0330137803msohyperlink1 {color:#0563C1;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv0330137803 span.yiv0330137803msohyperlinkfollowed1 {color:#954F72;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv0330137803 span.yiv0330137803emailstyle171 {color:windowtext;}#yiv0330137803 span.yiv0330137803EmailStyle25 {color:#1F497D;}#yiv0330137803 span.yiv0330137803EmailStyle26 {color:windowtext;}#yiv0330137803 .yiv0330137803MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;}#yiv0330137803 filtered {margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}#yiv0330137803 div.yiv0330137803WordSection1 {}#yiv0330137803 Sally    I’m cross posting this to dev@ - we’ve not had much input on marketing@, so I’d like some other eyeballs on this if we’re going to turn it around today    I agree, we need to get this finalised ASAP    My view would be to roll with the PR immediately. I know Thurs/Fri aren’t great but we’ve already actually announced this so run the risk of the PR being 10 days after the event       Don’t think we’ll have time to get testimonials – unless somebody wants to jump in here quickly    I’ve drafted a quote for Will  below. I’ve also taken Madan’s feedback and changed the order of the feature list Will – please  chime in if you want something different in the quote, what I’ve written is pretty bland Is Will unable to confirm, you can attribute it to me as PMC member  as an alternative             Kind Regards Giles    giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue
Re: [draft for review] -4.9 -press release

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Giles.