Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by mv...@clearstream.com on 2005/08/12 09:06:03 UTC

MyFaces-extension 1.0.9 vs./and Tomahawk

Hello,

do you know where I may find a documentation for migrating from the my
faces extension 1.0.9 jar to the current nightly build tomahawk ? Or do we
have to keep both ?

  MarcV

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER

Re: MyFaces-extension 1.0.9 vs./and Tomahawk

Posted by MarcV <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

is it possible to foreseen some kind of scripts to allow a smooth migration ?
Or at least a Checklist of the elements that need to be changed...

--
A+,
MarcV.

Re: MyFaces-extension 1.0.9 vs./and Tomahawk

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
yes, right...

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
>  <%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk"
> prefix="x" %>

Actually its preferred that you use

<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk" prefix="t" %>

@Martin, this goes to show how we need to improve the documentation on
the main tomahawk page of the website.  Its not been changed since the
name change.  I have some documentation that I'm working on that I
will put up next week.  We'll definitely want that before the release
to avoid confusion.

There are several changes from 1.0.9 that we should be explaining
(besides this one) like the removal of the startup context listener,
etc.

>  Martin

sean

Re: MyFaces-extension 1.0.9 vs./and Tomahawk

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
get out the extensions - get in the new myfaces-all.jar (or just the
tomahawk.jar if you are using the RI)

and replace all occurrences of:

<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/extensions" prefix="x" %>

with: