Posted to recruitment@openoffice.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2017/02/14 19:09:02 UTC

Re: A mission - update

The detailed problem has been solved. There is a bigger picture
description of a task that needs doing in the thread "Introduction and a
project".

The original mission  was going to be to find the declaration for the
widely used C++ type "String". It appears to get mapped, probably
through some configure magic, to the class UniString in
main/tools/inc/tools/string.hxx.

The problem was that "String" is such a widely appearing string that it
was hard to narrow down searches. It was found by getting some field
names from Visual Studio and searching for them instead.