Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Julio Carlos Barrera Juez <ju...@i2cat.net> on 2014/05/21 10:19:15 UTC

complete OSGi bundle dependency tree

Hello.

I'm looking  for a bundle or a tool that allows me to construct a complete
bundle dependency tree of my OSGi system. I'm aware of Karaf
command dev:show-tree [1] [2] [3], but I want something more general.
Instead of getting bundle dependency tree of one bundle I want to have it
for the entire platform, or al least I want to have the inverse command, it
is, having bundles depending on one specified bundle. Moreover I want to
use this information programmatically, not in a command or a graphical
representation.

I know I could develop it more or less
using org.osgi.framework.wiring.BundleWiring [4], but I want to know if
there is a bundle/tool doing this job now.

I'm aware of tools like Eclipse PDE Incubator Dependency Visualization [5]
and I'm working to "extract" core source code of it to use it.

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated.

Thank You.

Regards,
Julio.

[1] dev:show-tree in Karaf 2.2.x -
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/commands/dev-show-tree.html
[2] dev:show-tree in Karaf 2.3.x -
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/commands/dev-show-tree.html
[3] bundle:tree-show in Karaf 3.0.x -
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/commands/bundle-tree-show.html
[4] org.osgi.framework.wiring.BundleWiring -
http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v43/core/org/osgi/framework/wiring/BundleWiring.html
[5] Eclipse PDE Incubator Dependency Visualization -
http://www.eclipse.org/pde/incubator/dependency-visualization/getsource.php

Julio C. Barrera Juez
Office phone: +34 93 357 99 27
Distributed Applications and Networks Area (DANA)
i2CAT Foundation, Barcelona, Spain
http://dana.i2cat.net

Re: complete OSGi bundle dependency tree

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI, you can do quite the same with MBeans and Jolokia (directly).

EIK is also usable in Eclipse.

Programmatically, you can use the package/wiring service (it's what
show-tree does).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: complete OSGi bundle dependency tree

Posted by Andreas Gies <an...@wayofquality.de>.
Hello,