Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2008/01/03 17:44:14 UTC

CREDITS.txt

Hi Lenya devs,

currently we include a CREDITS.txt file in our distribution. I'm not
sure if the contents of this file conforms to the guidelines, which
states that only committers are listed:

   http://lenya.apache.org/docs/guidelines.html#contribution

IIRC this issue has been discussed, but I'm not sure if the CREDITS.txt
file has been updated (the LCR was from 2005).

I absolutely don't mind to preserve the list of contributions, but I
wouldn't like to publish an incomplete list, and I don't know if we'll
be able to complete it.

How shall we proceed?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: CREDITS.txt

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
solprovider@apache.org schrieb:
> On 1/3/08, Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
>> how about putting a web link to
> http://lenya.apache.org/who.html
>> into that file and be done with it?
>> Jörn Nettingsmeier
>
> How do we update that page?  (My last name is incorrect.)

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/docu/src/documentation/content/xdocs/who.xml

The website update process is explained on the website (it's a bit
cumbersome, though).

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: CREDITS.txt

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 1/3/08, Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
> how about putting a web link to
http://lenya.apache.org/who.html
> into that file and be done with it?
> Jörn Nettingsmeier

How do we update that page?  (My last name is incorrect.)

solprovider

Re: CREDITS.txt

Posted by Richard Frovarp <ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>
>> currently we include a CREDITS.txt file in our distribution. I'm not
>> sure if the contents of this file conforms to the guidelines, which
>> states that only committers are listed:
>>
>>   http://lenya.apache.org/docs/guidelines.html#contribution
>>
>> IIRC this issue has been discussed, but I'm not sure if the CREDITS.txt
>> file has been updated (the LCR was from 2005).
>>
>> I absolutely don't mind to preserve the list of contributions, but I
>> wouldn't like to publish an incomplete list, and I don't know if we'll
>> be able to complete it.
>>
>> How shall we proceed?
>>

> how about putting a web link to http://lenya.apache.org/who.html into
> that file and be done with it?
>
> then we can add a "other contributors" list to that page and list
> everyone we can think of.

+1

I do see that several of us are missing from the CREDITS.txt file. I
know that's our fault as most of us have commit access. I just never
thought to look in the file and add my name. On the other hand, who.html
is designated to be the first commit of someone new.

Richard

Re: CREDITS.txt

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> currently we include a CREDITS.txt file in our distribution. I'm not
> sure if the contents of this file conforms to the guidelines, which
> states that only committers are listed:
>
>   http://lenya.apache.org/docs/guidelines.html#contribution
>
> IIRC this issue has been discussed, but I'm not sure if the CREDITS.txt
> file has been updated (the LCR was from 2005).
>
> I absolutely don't mind to preserve the list of contributions, but I
> wouldn't like to publish an incomplete list, and I don't know if we'll
> be able to complete it.
>
> How shall we proceed?

how about putting a web link to http://lenya.apache.org/who.html into
that file and be done with it?

then we can add a "other contributors" list to that page and list
everyone we can think of.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

  - Ken Thompson.

Re: CREDITS.txt

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 17:44 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> currently we include a CREDITS.txt file in our distribution. I'm not
> sure if the contents of this file conforms to the guidelines, which
> states that only committers are listed:
>
>    http://lenya.apache.org/docs/guidelines.html#contribution
> How shall we proceed?

Thanks for fixing it.