Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by othman el moulat <mo...@menara.ma> on 2004/01/19 23:43:51 UTC

Exception thrown from IndexFiles..help!

Hi guys!
    i just downloaded the lucene software and start the tutorial simple =
demo...
i tried to execute the IndexFiles.java on a NetBeans envirement on =
Windowx xp platform...

i replaced args[0] with the path: "C:\\lucene-1.2\\src" but i have the =
following exception:

>> caught a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBounds Exception=20
>> with message : null

please help me to get started!

i also want to know how to set classpath in a win xp platform...

thanks for your help...

othman.

Re: Lucene search result no stable

Posted by Ardor Wei <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, Morus, Our real web server, database and the
directory Lucene writes in physically share the same
computer. File system is Win FAT.

For java.io.tmpdir, do you mean I need to explicitly
set it as system environment variable or set it in a
property file?

Thanks again!

--- Morus Walter <mo...@tanto-xipolis.de>

Posted by Morus Walter <mo...@tanto-xipolis.de>.

Posted by Ardor Wei <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, experts,

Our application pulls data out of DB and write as
lucene document every 5 minutes. We use a loop to keep
updating document. But we only use 1 writing thread
and always closes IndexWriter once we finish writing.
Unfortunately, we always got IOException and
FileNotFoundException ( I guess there is some problem
with the lock time setting inside Lucene, though I am
not sure). Our IndexSearcher doesn't do deletion, so
it is thread safety. But the problem is we sometimes
get the results (e.g 10) we expect, sometimes we get
nothing. I traced with other engineers through our
code using Lucene. It looks like it is pretty straight
and correct. But the exceptions keep being thrown and
I think the unstable search result is also related to
these exceptions.

What might be the problem? How to solve it?
Any suggestion or idea will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Exception thrown from IndexFiles..help!

Posted by othman el moulat <mo...@menara.ma>.