Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by chaloo banda <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2001/09/12 10:33:21 UTC

mysql problem !

hi jetspeeders !
   i am   new to jetspeed. having installed jetspeed (latest) on my NT 4.0
workstation. it works fine till now.

now i want to use mysql as a database for jetspeed.i followed all the mysql
manual instructions but was unable to load mysql as a service...so i
installed it as stand-alone.

then i made the corresponding changes in turbineresources.properties file ,
created a new databases, tables and populated them with the default user
details(i mean admin and turbine ! ).i accessed the admin and turbine users
from jetspeed ...worked fine...i could even edit these user's passwords etd.

so far so good ! now when i wish to create new uers from jetspeed , nothing
happens....i mean , the expected confirmation key page does not come up. on
looking up in my mysql db , i don't find any entry for this new user there
either.

has anybody else faced similar problem ?
does anyone know the answers?
do u have to run mysql as a service to use that in jetspeed?

kindly help .

regards,

CB