Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Diego Bowen <db...@advatechpacific.com> on 2003/08/12 22:14:11 UTC

Concurrent Access/Editing

Using winCVS, I'm having problems with multiple users not being able to
safely edit the same document (word, ppt, etc.) at the same time...can
this be done using subversion????

Re: Concurrent Access/Editing

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Diego Bowen <db...@advatechpacific.com> writes:

> Using winCVS, I'm having problems with multiple users not being able
> to safely edit the same document (word, ppt, etc.) at the same
> time...can this be done using subversion????

Does Subversion magically know how to merge every binary format in the
world?  Uh, no.  :-)

Subversion does handle binary-file conflicts more gracefully than CVS,
though.  Read about it in appendix A of svnbook.red-bean.com.