Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Viktor Malytskyy <vi...@rogers.com> on 2003/12/11 06:24:12 UTC

order of processing ActionRequest

Hi All!

I have a question regarding the order of processing ActionRequest. Let's
say we have something like this on jsp page:

<portlet:actionURL var="portlet_submitForm" portletMode=”edit”/>
<form method="post" action="<%=weatherPortlet_submitForm.toString() %>">

The question is , when this form will be submitted and processAction of
a portlet will be invoked will Pluto already set mode of the portlet to
EDIT or it will be done after executing processAction, but before
executing following renderRequest ?
In spec they say :
portletMode (Type: String, non-required) – indicates the portlet mode
that the portlet must have when this link is executed, if no error
condition ocurred.

It's not that clear (when this link is executed????), as I understand
this - mode should be set before processing processAction.
Am I right?

Thanks in advance,
Viktor

Re: order of processing ActionRequest

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
Yes, when the link is executed the portal calls the portlet container
and it first requests from the portlet container to call processAction
on this portlet and then render for all portlets on the page. Therefore
the new mode for the portlet must be set before calling processAction.

Stefan