Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Patrick Davids <pa...@nubologic.com> on 2014/10/21 17:48:12 UTC

FeedbackPanel / just showing one error message / missing messages

Hi all,
I'm struggling around with a feedback panel.

What I would like to implement is a single global feedback panel in the
top hierarchy of my page inheritence.

Its a sort of fallback-panel. If no other feedback panel catches the
messages, it should display them, so its a FencedFeedback. A form or
other component can have an own feedback panel with the component as a
fence.

This global feedback panel should display only one single message.
Independent of how many e.g. form validation errors occur.
So its configured setMaxMessages(1).

To avoid displaying all other messages in sequence as long the user
reloads the page, I have implemented a FeedbackCollector marking all of
them rendered (onDetach()).

This all works quite good in the past.
But just one page, I have implemented once, does not show any messages
at all by entering the page.

And I really really dont know why.

Also Session.get().error("my error message") does not work.

It seems to me, onDetach() is called earlier on this page, as on other
pages, so my markRendered() of the FeedbackCollector is executed to
early, but I am not sure.

Does anyone have an hint to me, what can force an early detach()?
Or what can force a cleanup of feedback messages?
Where should I put a breakpoint to have a deeper look?

Really thanx for help!

kind regards
Patrick