Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by geoport <tb...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/10 09:53:15 UTC

Spatial Score by overlap area

Hi,
i am using solr 4.6 and i´ve indexed bounding boxes. Now, i want to test the
"area overlap sorting" link
<http://de.slideshare.net/lucenerevolution/lucene-solr-4-spatial-extended-deep-dive>
(slide 23), have some of you an example for me?Thanks for helping me.

Re: Spatial Score by overlap area

Posted by quercus <ma...@rncan.gc.ca>.
Hi,

I have the same requirement for an application that I'm working on and I'm
wondering if you were able to make it work as per David's comment? Thanks.

geoport wrote

Posted by "Smiley, David W." <ds...@mitre.org>.
Hi,
BBoxStrategy is still only in “trunk” (not the 4x branch).  And
furthermore… the Solr portion, a FieldType, is over in
Spatial-Solr-Sandbox —
https://github.com/ryantxu/spatial-solr-sandbox/blob/master/LSE/src/main/ja
va/org/apache/solr/spatial/pending/BBoxFieldType.java  It should be quite
easy to port to 4x and put independently into a JAR file plug-in to Solr 4.

It’s lacking better tests, and until your question I haven’t seen interest
from users.  Ryan McKinley ported it from GeoServer.

~ David