Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Emily Jiang <em...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/12 16:18:49 UTC

Jenkins build

I experienced a few times that Jenkins failed for no apparent reason and
then back to stable without any fix going in. Hence, someone could waste
time to debug a non-existing problem. Is there anything we can do to
improve its behaviour?

--
Thanks
Emily

Re: Jenkins build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, July 12, 2012 04:02:03 PM Holly Cummins wrote:
> I agree that our builds have not been at all reliable lately. I've
> noticed three categories of problem:
>
> 1. Svn failures. Since the upgrade to Jenkins 1.40 (I think), the svn
> update sometimes fails and we build against an old revision of the
> Aries code bade. I've raised
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4949 to cover the issue. I
> wondered if changing the build to do a complete checkout rather than
> update would fix this. The downside is it would slow the builds down.

This one should now be fixed.  I think they ended up downgrading the SVN
plugin or similar.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp