Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Radhika Sarang <Ra...@sylantro.com> on 2001/04/21 01:10:36 UTC

BeanSerializer

All,
	I am new to SOAP, I tried creating a test sample service extending
the addressbook sample provided by the apache SOAP toolkit.  I'm trying to
understand the serializing and deserializing expected out of the
BeanSerializer.
I guess it can only serailize an Element object?? I am talking about the
org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer object used in the
addressbook example.

I tried to write a test service and instead of an Element provided the
serializer with a  simple Bean object and the serializer gave the following
error:

Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
Fault String = java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: I only know how to
serialize an 'org.w3c.dom.Element'.

Am I missing something obvious??? I can easily print out the Element object
myself, what's
the need for a serializer, deserializer? Is there a BeanSerializer that I
can use that will
serialize any Bean Object?

I'd appreciate any help, please grin and bear the stupid question as I am
new to SOAP.

thanks,
Radhika Sarang.

Re: BeanSerializer

Posted by Pablo <pa...@eneris.com>.
Hi,

with the BeanSerializer you can serialize any JavaBean, that is, any
class with get/set methods. So first be sure you are trying to serialize
a Bean.
If you want some example come to www.eneris.com/~pablo, there is a text
about this and some sample source. It is a modification of the
samples.addressbook which sends a stupid -but more complex- class over
SOAP.

    Pablo

Re: BeanSerializer

Posted by Pablo <pa...@eneris.com>.