Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2017/06/05 11:30:53 UTC

Information on Design and Structure of Camel Website and Wiki

Hello Apache Camel Community!

I'm from the Apache OFBiz community and we are in the process of re-designing our website and doing some significant tidying up and restructure of our confluence workspaces and wiki.

Someone highlighted that your project website and wiki look great, well organised and integrated so please could I find out some information from you about what you've used and how you've done it. :-)

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Information on Design and Structure of Camel Website and Wiki

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Sharan,
we use a CI job that runs a custom built tool to export Confluence
pages into HTML[1], but that being said we are in the process of
moving the wiki content into the source tree and generating/updating
the documentation as a part of the build process. For that we use a
custom Maven plugin[2] and asciidoctor for makup.

In somewhat near future we'll replace the wiki export with a static
site generator like Jekyll or Hugo.

We hope that having the documentation along with the source code will
keep it more up to date and encourage more contribution to the
documentation,

zoran

[1] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/website/
[2] https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/tooling/maven/camel-maven-plugin