Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tomcat <to...@unixplanet.biz> on 2007/04/30 16:27:53 UTC

session time out

Hello

Does application WEB-INF/web.xml override default conf/web.xml setting?
specifically session time out , but want to know if other setting is
overriden.
and can we disable this through server.xml ?

Thanks
Adam

Re: session time out

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Martin,

Martin Gainty wrote:
> On the <Connector you can set
> connectionTimeout = "0" for indefinite timeout
>
> also a keepAliveTimeout on the Sender which I believe defaults to 60 sec
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html

Once again, irrelevant and incorrect.

The OP is asking about the session timeout, and you are telling him
about request connection timeouts which are in no way related.

To answer your question, Adam, the web.xml supplied with your
application should be able to override any of the defaults set in
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml, including your session timeout.

I don't believe there is a way to disable the ability to override any
particular configuration parameter using something like server.xml.

-chris

Re: session time out

Posted by Tomcat <to...@unixplanet.biz>.
Hello Martin,

my main question was :
Does application WEB-INF/web.xml override default conf/web.xml setting?

I mean in a container containing several applications, can each of them
set session time out
in their /WEB-INF/web.xml and is that over ride the default setting
which is set in /conf/web.xml

Cheers
Adam

Re: session time out

Re: session time out

Posted by Rashmi Rubdi <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/30/07, Tomcat <to...@unixplanet.biz> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Does application WEB-INF/web.xml override default conf/web.xml setting?
> specifically session time out , but want to know if other setting is
> overriden.

Specifically the session time out in /WEB-INF/web.xml overrides /conf/web.xml
Don't know about other parameters, but they can be easily tested.
The Servlet 2.4 specification shows all web.xml nodes on page 136.

> and can we disable this through server.xml ?

So far there doesn't seem to be a setting in server.xml to disable
this, so I guess not.

> Thanks
> Adam

-Rashmi