Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/10/04 16:48:43 UTC

more on logging in jetty

Sending in a random URL provoked this. Would it make sense to make a
JIRA requesting that this situation result in a more concise log
message?

[jetty] org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: No such operation:

    [jetty]     at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.URIMappingInterceptor.handleMessage(URIMappin
gInterceptor.java:77)

    [jetty]     at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorC
hain.java:207)

    [jetty]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiati
onObserver.java:73)

    [jetty]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletDestination.doMessage(ServletDes
tination.java:79)

    [jetty]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(Ser
vletController.java:235)

    [jetty]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletControl
ler.java:140)

    [jetty]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet.invoke(CXFServlet.java:278)

    [jetty]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet.doGet(CXFServlet.java:260)

    [jetty]     at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)

    [jetty]     at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:367)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:2
16)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler
Collection.java:211)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav
a:114)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

    [jetty]     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:502)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConne
ction.java:821)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:513)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:208)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:378)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:
368)

    [jetty]     at
org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.ja
va:442)

RE: more on logging in jetty

Posted by Willem2 <ni...@iona.com>.
Here is a flag contextMatchStrategy in the AbstractHttpDetination.
If contextMatchStrategy set to be "exact",
CXF will just consume the message with exact url.
And the default value of it is null, so we will pass the all the message's
url start with the service address into the interceptors, so you will get
the stack trace on the server side.

Anyway , You can fill your wishes in the JIRA :)

Willem.

RE: more on logging in jetty

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
Willem,