Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Elderclei R Reami <re...@vertisnet.com.br> on 2002/08/23 02:21:40 UTC

Tiles & Struts Form

Hi again,

SecurityFilter is going pretty well, Max. Thank you for the great work. Right now, I am refactoring my app to use
some more features from struts like tiles and DynaForms.

I am thinking of creating a tile definition  for admin pages. It would be composed of grid of data (discussion on
large resultsets was very useful on this) at the top, and an edition area at the bottom. In the grid there would
be View, Delete, Remove links for every line that would bring data to the form in the edition area.

My idea is to have the <html:form> in the admin template surrounding the edition area, and the other form tags
would be inserted in the using <tiles:insert...>

I´d like to know if there´s an elegant way to have the value of the action attribute of <html:form> tag being
passed by a tiles attribute.

Do you have any suggestions to this...

Thanks for all the help
Elderclei R Reami
Vertis Tecnologia
+55 11 3887-0835
www.vertisnet.com.br

Re: Tiles & Struts Form

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  You can declare an attribute action="anAction" and try something like
the following in you jsp:

<tiles:useAttribute name="action"/>

  Hope this help,
        Cedric