Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Matthieu Morel <mm...@apache.org> on 2013/05/06 14:37:19 UTC

[VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Incubating Release Candidate 5

Hello,

this is the *fifth* release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.6.0

We fixed 2 blocking issues wrt RC1, related to s4 tools, 1 blocking issue in RC2, related to metrics logging configuration, issues related to the package contents and license headers in RC3, and removed included javadoc files in RC4.

This release fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&version=12321702

*** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, May 9th 2013, 13:00:00 GMT ***

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag).

Source package in zip format:

http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-5/

The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.6.0-RC5:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=tree;h=8b43b317104cfc9ebc42f6e8ec9c9557867155aa;hb=2f474503e2da111601bb92ca7186c136ba28e5b0

S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS

The README.md file contains instructions for installing the gradle wrapper (which is not shipped with the source release).

We include a RAT check task. (Can be used by fetching rat from /lib dir in the git repo and using the .rat-excludes file at the root of the git repo)

It can be run with :
gradlew rat > output

Please cast your vote, thanks!

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

NOTES:

- All releases by podlings must be approved by the Incubator PMC. The conventional process is for the podling to follow the usual Apache process and then call for a Incubator PMC VOTE on the general incubator list.
For RC5 however, following recommendations from our mentors, we are proceeding to a parallel vote on both general@incubator and s4-dev

RE: [VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Incubating Release Candidate 5

Posted by FPJ <fp...@yahoo.com>.
+1. Given that we had enough PPMC votes, I took my time to evaluate the
release candidate a bit more carefully. There is a small bug in the scripts
that affects paths with spaces. It is not a blocker, though. I also went
over the documentation and realized that the discussion about adapters is
far from ideal. In fact, there are a number of questions on the list about
it and I think we would be able to make it easier for new developers to
start working with S4 if we had a better discussion about that. I'm happy to
contribute my findings for the next release.

Could some IPMC member please vote on this release candidate? There is one
vote missing.

-Flavio

+1 (binding) sig/xsum verify. rat runs clean. I've run through the
release checklist and everything seems fine to me.

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
sigs and checksum ok.
Not trouble reported by rat
So +1 (binding)

2013/5/10 Daniel Gómez Ferro <da...@yahoo-inc.com>:
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> * verified signature and checksums
> * only changes from previous RC are documentation related
> * ran tests
>
> On Thu May  9 22:56:47 2013, kishore g wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> verified sigs
>> built code, tools and ran tests
>> rat check passed
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kishore G
>>

>> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Matthieu Morel <mm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> this is the *fifth* release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.6.0
>>>
>>> We fixed 2 blocking issues wrt RC1, related to s4 tools, 1 blocking issue
>>> in RC2, related to metrics logging configuration, issues related to the
>>> package contents and license headers in RC3, and removed included javadoc
>>> files in RC4.
>>>

>>> This release fixes the following issues:
>>>

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&version=12321702
>>>

>>> *** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, May 9th 2013, 13:00:00
>>> GMT
>>> ***
>>>

>>> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag).
>>>

>>> Source package in zip format:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-5/
>>>

>>> The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.6.0-RC5:
>>>

>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=tree;h=8b43b317104cfc9ebc42f6e8ec9c9557867155aa;hb=2f474503e2da111601bb92ca7186c136ba28e5b0
>>>

>>> S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS
>>>

>>> The README.md file contains instructions for installing the gradle
>>> wrapper
>>> (which is not shipped with the source release).
>>>

>>> We include a RAT check task. (Can be used by fetching rat from /lib dir
>>> in
>>> the git repo and using the .rat-excludes file at the root of the git
>>> repo)
>>>
>>> It can be run with :
>>> gradlew rat > output
>>>

>>> Please cast your vote, thanks!
>>>

>>> [ ] +1  approve
>>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>>

>>> NOTES:
>>>
>>> - All releases by podlings must be approved by the Incubator PMC. The
>>> conventional process is for the podling to follow the usual Apache
>>> process
>>> and then call for a Incubator PMC VOTE on the general incubator list.
>>> For RC5 however, following recommendations from our mentors, we are
>>> proceeding to a parallel vote on both general@incubator and s4-dev

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: [VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Incubating Release Candidate 5

Posted by Daniel Gómez Ferro <da...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
+1

[RESULT][VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Incubating Release Candidate 5

Posted by Matthieu Morel <mm...@apache.org>.
Hello,

I am closing the vote. It took longer than 72 hours but we eventually reached the quorum and the vote has passed with the following votes:

7+1 votes including:
* 3 IPMC: Patrick Hunt, Olivier Lamy, Henry Saputra (voted on the "Need some help for releasing S4 0.6.0" thread)
* 3 PPMC: Matthieu Morel, Kishore Gopalakrishna, Flavio Junqueira
* 1 non binding committer vote : Daniel Gomez Ferro

Thanks all for reviewing and voting !

I will proceed with the release in the next few days.

Matthieu