Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Talbut <jt...@tardis.spudsoft> on 2011/05/23 10:22:41 UTC

activemq-camel client only feature

Hi,

I have a karaf installation in which I want to have some camel routes that use activemq hosted on a different machine.
Installing the activemq-camel feature seems to drag in all the bundles necessary for running brokers within the JVM.
Is it possible to using activemq from camel without having all the 'server side' code in the same JVM?

Thanks

Jim

Re: activemq-camel client only feature

Posted by Jim Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk>.
On 23/05/2011 10:44, Dejan Bosanac wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> that's not possible at the moment. One problem is that you can start
> embedded broker by using vm:// urls and if go that route you need to have
> all server-side functionality ready. That's something we'll address for
> ActiveMQ Apollo
>

> Regards
Dejan,

Thanks for the prompt, frustrating but reasonable answer.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi James,

that's not possible at the moment. One problem is that you can start
embedded broker by using vm:// urls and if go that route you need to have
all server-side functionality ready. That's something we'll address for
ActiveMQ Apollo

Regards
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Connect at CamelOne <http://camelone.com/> May 24-26