Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robby Russell <ro...@planetargon.com> on 2005/03/14 17:19:42 UTC

[users@httpd] fastcgi on httpd2

I am trying to install mod_fastcgi and keep getting this error:

> mod_fastcgi]# make install
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.52/modules/mod_fastcgi'
> /bin/sh /usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=install cp mod_fastcgi.la /usr/local/apache2/modules/
> PATH="$PATH:/sbin" ldconfig -n /usr/local/apache2/modules
> Libraries have been installed in:
>    /usr/local/apache2/modules
>
> If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
> in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
> specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
> flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
>    - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
>      during execution
>    - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
>      during linking
>    - use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
>    - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'
>
> See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
> more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
> Warning!  dlname not found in /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_fastcgi.la.
> Assuming installing a .so rather than a libtool archive.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.52/modules/mod_fastcgi'
> /bin/sh /usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=install cp mod_fastcgi.la /usr/local/apache2/modules/
> PATH="$PATH:/sbin" ldconfig -n /usr/local/apache2/modules
> Libraries have been installed in:
>    /usr/local/apache2/modules
>
> If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
> in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
> specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
> flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
>    - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
>      during execution
>    - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
>      during linking
>    - use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
>    - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'
>
> See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
> more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
> Warning!  dlname not found in /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_fastcgi.la.
> Assuming installing a .so rather than a libtool archive.

Any thoughts?

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby@planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP, Ruby, and PostgreSQL Development
* http://www.robbyonrails.com/

Re: [users@httpd] fastcgi on httpd2

Posted by Robby Russell <ro...@planetargon.com>.
On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 12:35 -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:19:42 -0800, Robby Russell <ro...@planetargon.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to install mod_fastcgi and keep getting this error:
>
> [...]
>
> I don't see any errors -- just a couple warnings that I would guess
> you can safely ignore.
>
> Joshua.

It doesn't create mod_fastcgi.so though.

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.