Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org> on 2003/08/28 12:49:36 UTC

jk 1.2.5 and ipv6

Hi to all,

Still working on finding why iSeries couldn't use Unix98 def in_addr_t.

BTW, what about adding ipv6 support in jk_connect.c by using inet_pton
instead of inet_addr ?

I'd like to have replies from people who have differents OS to know if
they have support for inet_pton...

Regards

Re: in_addr_t and Linux 2.2

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Bill Barker a écrit :

> [...]

Some old production systems are still in RH 6.2 ;)

And I was still using RH 7.2 on my developpment machine 5 weeks  ago

Re: in_addr_t and Linux 2.2

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Re: in_addr_t and Linux 2.2

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Henri Gomez a écrit :

> Glenn Nielsen a écrit :
>
>> FYI, I have put building a test mod_jk 1.2.5 source distribution on hold
>> pending Henri's work on IPV6.  Henri, please let me know when you think
>> we are ready for another test source dist.
>

> We may add the configure stuff to determine if in_addr_t is available.
> I'll take a look at it right now.
>
> BTW, IPV6 will be added in 1.2.6 (or later), so don't delay release for it

I take a look at configure.in and if I know how to see if inet_pton
exist via AC_CHECK_FUNCS, I don't know how to determine for in_addr_t.

Jean-Frederic may help us here since it's our resident configure guru

Re: in_addr_t and Linux 2.2

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.

Henri Gomez wrote:
> Glenn Nielsen a écrit :
>
>> FYI, I have put building a test mod_jk 1.2.5 source distribution on hold
>> pending Henri's work on IPV6.  Henri, please let me know when you think
>> we are ready for another test source dist.
>

> We may add the configure stuff to determine if in_addr_t is available.
> I'll take a look at it right now.
>
> BTW, IPV6 will be added in 1.2.6 (or later), so don't delay release for it

OK, so are we ready for a test source release?

Glenn

Re: in_addr_t and Linux 2.2

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Re: in_addr_t and Linux 2.2

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
FYI, I have put building a test mod_jk 1.2.5 source distribution on hold
pending Henri's work on IPV6.  Henri, please let me know when you think
we are ready for another test source dist.

Thanks,

Glenn

in_addr_t and Linux 2.2

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Error in jk 1.2.5

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
if mod_jk.c, apr_strdup() is used.

But it should be :

apr_pstrdup ?

Re: jk 1.2.5 and ipv6

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Glenn Nielsen a écrit :

> Henri,
>
> Can this wait until after the mod_jk 1.2.5 release?
>
> BTW, int inet_pton(int af, const char *cp, void *addr);
> is available in both Solaris 7 and 8.
>
> And on FreeBSD 4.8 it is defined as:
> int inet_pton __P((int, const char *, void *));
>
> Regards,
>
> Glenn

Ok, we could wait delay this for jk 1.2.6 ?

BTW, I finished with iSeries and Unix98 compat problems,
so you could tag it when you want.

I'm now fixing some cast and it will be ready for release.

Re: jk 1.2.5 and ipv6

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
Henri,

Re: jk 1.2.5 and ipv6

Posted by NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au>.
Good morning.
Found:

int            inet_pton    ( long af, const char *cp, void *ap );

in NetWare LibC...FWIW.
Norm

Re: jk 1.2.5 and ipv6

Posted by Kurt Miller <tr...@optonline.net>.
It is supported on OpenBSD.

int inet_pton(int, const char *, void *);

Regards,
-Kurt

From: "Henri Gomez" <hg...@apache.org>