Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Edgar P Dollin <ed...@blue-moose.net> on 2004/06/23 20:09:47 UTC

RE: PATCH: html:cancel tag. Made a javascript version for submitt ing

> This contradicts point 1.  If using JSTL tags is a waste of time, so is
> using Struts tags.

Absolutely not.  There is no logic in the view layer of the struts tags.
JSTL assumes you have to put the object in the scope, know something about
it in order to traverse it etc.

> If you want your site to only work in IE, that's fine with me.  Expecting
> a widely used library like Struts to support that behavior is rediculous.
> I have absolutely no interest in writing/maintaining code that only
> supports one OS and browser.

> David

I always cross test, that is not the point.  The point is to be able
without, jumping through hoops, to be able to use standard software to solve
a specific problem.

Edgar